Today is the day! We are pleased to announce a new release of Investar Beta. This latest update in our continuous innovation stream delivers many new features and enhancements.
The Investar platform always tries to offer a good amount of customization which traders can use to their benefit.
Exclusion of Scan Timeframes
As per customer feedback, we have added an ability to exclude custom scan time-frames from the computation for reduced RAM consumption and improved stability of the software.
While Investar platform offers a good selection of custom time frames, starting from 1-minute and up to monthly, every trader/investor usually uses only 2 or 3 of them. For example, a day trader may use only 3-min and 15-min scan timeframes, while a swing trader may use Daily and Hourly timeframe charts. So now in Beta, you can customize your time frames with ease.
To access the new time menu, just
- Click on the “..” button beside update frequency in the Scans toolbar.
- Uncheck the timeframes that you are not interested.
- After clicking on Apply button, a dialog box will be shown:
Click OK to restart the software.
- Now you should have the scan timeframes of your choice visible from the “Scans/Advisor Timeframe” drop-down menu.
- These scan timeframes are applicable to Custom Scans, Pre-defined Scans, and Composite Scans
Now users can zoom in and out of the Specific chart. The specific chart can be seen in a full window by pressing ‘Z’ key from a keyboard or by clicking on ‘Maximize Chart’ button on the north-west corner. It can be restored back to the previous state by pressing ‘Z’ key again or by clicking the ‘Restore Chart‘ button.
Within N-bars is now calculated for exactly N bars. I.e Within 2 bars will now imply total 2 bars- current bar and 1 bar back.
In the above figure, you can clearly see that buy signal is formed when RSI(14) crossed above the value of 30 within 2 bars followed by EMA(5) crossing below the value of EMA(20) on its current bar.
Some Other features such as:
- Supertrend and Bollinger Band now supports fractional parameters (so now you can create custom scans with Supertrend(5,1.5) and Bollinger Bands(10,1.9) )
- Support for VWAP indicator for a custom scan (only supported for intraday)
- Support for Pivot Points-based custom scans (in new Price Action category).
- Support for n% and n-times for Auto S/R and Price Action for a custom scan.
- New Candlestick pattern ‘Doji’.
- Display High/Low Values of Zig-Zag indicator on the chart.
- Functionality to enlarge a specific chart in multiple chart layout with Z key (or maximize button)
- Introduced a new custom scan category known as ‘Price Action’. We will be adding more interesting custom scans in the future like Gap Up/Down, Opening Range Breakout etc.
- Proper display to update scans group’s status in Favorites in error scenarios.
What are the new Changes in Beta?
- More precise custom scan status to let the user know the current state of a custom scan.
- Removed unnecessary computation of custom scans in off-market scenarios for better user experience.
- In Chart Comparison, the values for each symbol are now displayed in Data Window.
- Bollinger Bands indicator can be now drawn on the values of Open, High, Low, Close.
- Improved Visibility of Auto S/R Lines values (now displayed on mouse hover)
- Increased indicator support for n-times and n-% (e.g. n-times sma(10) of volume)
- “Un-Check All” in Manage Scans should only be applicable to scans in a visible tab.
Which bugs have been fixed in Beta?
- Sync scan time improved. Also helpful in case of accidental system shutdown.
- Computing time improved for newly added custom scan queries.
- Custom Scan query which contains Open Interest, was giving results in NSE exchange which is wrong.
- Improved performance of D-W-M custom scans.
How to get the new version?
What’s more, Investar 5.5 and Investar Beta can run simultaneously, so it will not affect your normal usage.