In an earlier post, we have introduced the P/E ratio and seen why it is not such a great indication of value stocks because most stocks are low priced because of a reason. Continue reading
We are pleased to announce a new release of Investar 2.0 with 15-min,30-min and 1-hour timeframe scans, Composite Screener, many new Fundamental and Technical Scans (both intraday and EOD, based on ADX, Bollinger Bands, TRIX and Stochastics).
If you are already using Investar, no need to re-install, simply re-start the software and it will auto-update.
We would soon be putting new training content on our site and blog to cover the many new features announced. Meanwhile, the best way to get familiarized with the new features would be to go through the QuickStart Tutorial in the software. (You can access it any time by pressing the F1 key after starting the application). This Quick 2-min video shows you how to access the QuickStart Tutorial:
Please note that we have also revised the pricing for the Intraday Screener Add-On. For details see Pricing Plans section. For a limited time, our Annual Edition will be available for the same price.
We will soon be releasing a new version of Investar with lots of new features. Here’s a breakdown in terms of different modules of Investar:
- Composite Screener (Ability to combine different pre-defined and fundamental scans).
- 15-min, 30-min & 60-min intraday scans.
- A new “Daily” Timeframe scan to help you find new daily highs/lows and volume gainers/losers happening in intraday.
- 12+ more Fundamental Scans.
- 15+ more EOD Technical Scans (ADX, Bollinger Bands etc).
- More Intraday Scans (Stochastics, Bollinger Bands, ADX).
- Favorite Scanning (i.e. filter scrips in your scans using your watchlist).
- Improved Scan Alerts (with ability to filter by timeframes and persistence).
- End-Of-Day Scan Alerts.
- Intraday history now available for 2 months.
- 10 more drawings (Fibonacci Extensions, Fibonacci Fans and more).
- 3 new indicators.
- Technical Advice based on 15-min, 30-min and 60-min timeframes.
- Horizontal Levels for indicators.
- Improved trendline drawing with snap-to-price extension.
- Ability to change high/low color of bar chart.
- Easy Multiple Client ODIN/Neat Import (for Portfolio Managers).
- Export Portfolio Holdings, Transactions & Profit/Loss Analysis to PDF, Excel, Word and many other formats.
- Portfolio Performance Report.
- Printing Support.
- And many more.
Over the next few days I will be blogging about some of the features and also holding webinars to demonstrate some of the key features that can help you improve your trading.
Missed our Live Webinar on “Using the Intraday Screener”? Recording for the webinar is now available in our Education Section.
The webinar was conducted in a LIVE market session and covers two simple buying strategies: 1) Bullish 5-20 EMA Crossovers and 2) Gainers on Strong Volume.
All the different intraday scans are categorized according to three Technical Analysis Strategies: Scans that can help you in identifying 1) Support/Resistance Breakouts 2) Buy/Sell signals in indicators and 3) Buy/Sell signals in candlesticks; so you can focus on the right ones according to your trading strategy.
Volume terms like Vol% and scans like Gainers on Strong Volume (Intraday) and Gainers on Strong Volume (End-Of-Day) are also explained. If you’d rather see the slides instead they are available in this blog post.
Some of our users have been having some confusion about how to go about setting Scan Alerts in our recently released Investar 2.0. I thought of demonstrating how to do that using this short Youtube video.
Intraday Scan Alerts and Intraday Screener are invaluable to the Intraday/Swing Trader because by using together, one can come up with good intraday/short-term trading ideas! Enjoy and don’t forget to leave any feedback you have about the video or the feature.